Dhal is easy to make, it's healthy and so delicious. Furthermore, you can read my post on the benefits of dhal.
1 cup of yellow split peas
water to cover the split peas
salt to taste
3 cloves of garlic chopped and 2 whole cloves
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 tsp. curry powder
pepper (red or black pepper)
parsley green onions to garnish
1. Place the peas, the two cloves of garlic, curry powder, salt and pepper in a pressure cooker.
2. Add water to cover the peas in the pressure cooker, and cook until you have a smooth liquid.
3. In a pan heat the 2 tbsp. of vegetable oil and add the 3 remaining chopped cloves of garlic; cook until the garlic is golden brown.
4. After the garlic is finish cooking, transfer the oil and garlic right away to the pressure cooker, and add it (make sure to stand back because it can splatter).
5. Garnish with some chopped parsley and green onions.
I like to use a pressure cooker because it cooks the split peas faster but if you don't have one you can use a pot. Also, you can soak your peas in some water the night before in order for them to cook faster.
The parsley and green onions add great flavor also.