Ways to cope with stress
Stress is harmful to us because it affects us mentally, emotionally and even physically, and as a result, can cause us to develop some really harmful illnesses. Hence, we should try to avoid it and when it can't be avoided we should always try our best to cope with it.
Below are ways to cope with stress. These ways are not the only ways and as a result, you don't have to do these exact things; so do something that makes you happy.
- Read a book - Reading takes you to another place mentally and makes you forget about what's stressing you out.
- Watch a movie
- Hang out with family and friends
- Listen to music
- Keep yourself busy - By doing chores around the house, with work or taking care of family and pets. You can even volunteer at various places in your community like nursing homes etc.
- Eat comfort foods that you love
- Take a trip or vacation - Visit somewhere you always wanted to visit and create new fun memories.
- It won't last forever and I will get over it.
- My health is more important and bad things happen to others too (I'm not alone).